Thursday, January 7, 2010

Care Package #8: Don't sniff the box!

I picked up a bag of mini-Reese Peanut Butter Cups a few weeks ago with the intention of eventually making Peanut Butter Cup Brownies. Then I made a fatal mistake: I opened the bag to use one Peanut Butter Cup as a prop to pose my newly finished knitted Ant.
Sure, it looks really cute and I'm happy with the way the finished Ant came together (I'm also happy to finally be done with it!). But after the Ant photo shoot, I had to eat the Peanut Butter Cup. I mean, it was already unwrapped, so I couldn't put it back. And throwing it away was just out of the question. And one little Peanut Butter Cup all by itself is not such a big deal. But there was also the issue of the bag. The bag full of dozens of other little Peanut Butter Cups sitting on top of my cabinet taunting me. After nibbling all weekend I finally decided that I had to make the brownies ASAP, before all the Peanut Butter Cups were gone!

I may come back later and post the recipe, but I wasn't very happy with it. Don't get me wrong, the brownies were perfectly fine, but I didn't think they were great. They certainly didn't come close to the Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies. They did, however, smell wonderful. In fact, even after I vacuum-sealed the brownies and taped the box to the point it would take a blowtorch to open it, you could still smell the chocolaty goodness.

No comments: