Monday, August 17, 2009

Jacksonville Turtles

I totally forgot that I took these pictures! Joy and I were stopping by Chamblin's Book Store in downtown Jacksonville, FL when I stumbled across these guys. There was a similar display in the Mystic and New London, CT areas using whales, Pawcatuck had a rocking chair display around town, and up near Woodstock, CT they had cows. There were a few other turtles in the area, but these two were my favorites.
My friend Jessie is ready and excited to start on a new quilt, so we took a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics on Sunday. It was the first time I've been to the local Jo-Ann, so of course I had to buy something! I picked out a few fun prints to try out a pattern that I want to use for a bigger quilt (but figured I'd rather make mistakes on a small quilt instead of a full sized one!). I know that it's almost ridiculous to buy fabric when I have SO MUCH at home already. But the fabric I got from Mom's stash is just that: stash fabric. There are very few "sets" of fabric to make coordinated quilts. The stash is great for making scrapy quilts, which I plan on making for general gifts. I know, really, this is just justification for buying more fabric! I also picked up a new self-healing rotary mat that is much larger than my old one (which is looking pretty rough for 10 years of wear and tear).

While we were flipping through books for Jessie to pick out a pattern, I stumbled across this adorable sheep quilt! The picture from my BlackBerry is a bit fuzzy, but it's clear enough to remind me when I finally get around to trying to make it.

No comments: