Thursday, December 10, 2009

The best kind of news!

In the midst of trying to not be depressed about the one year anniversary of losing Mom and Jen, and reconciling myself to the fact that my boyfriend will be in a war zone for at least 10 more months, and attempting to keep some kind of focus on my very busy work life, I have just gotten a bit of the best possible kind of news: pure, unadulterated, no-strings-attached good news!

My dear friends Alana and Xander just got word from their adoption agency: they are having twins! Sure, they planned on adopting a boy and girl under the age of 12 months... But they are getting twins! Actual, honest to goodness, related to each other twins! Check out their blog for Alana's very entertaining recollection of the news.

I couldn't be happier for them to get this news just before the holidays. Of course, they probably won't be bringing the little sweeties home until March, but the worst of the waiting is over. For my part, I can now start making their baby gifts!

1 comment:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Thanks, Skye! I am so sorry that in the midst of our celebration, I forgot about the anniversary of your mom's death. I know you understand, but I am still sorry. But I am reminded that her crafting skills helped us get to this point. And that makes me smile.