Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Three Days and Counting...

Well, I have to say I'm rather proud of myself. In the last two and a half weeks I managed to pull together what seems to be a reasonably simple version of a wedding without freaking out! I'm not one for the big hoopla, so simple and easy is definitely the order for the day.

In case you were wondering, here are a few of the basic details:

  • We're getting married at a neat little Savannah restaurant downtown, called Skyler's.
  • My friend Tom, who happens to be a judge, will be performing the world's shortest ceremony (ok, maybe not the shortest ceremony in the world, but it will be a quick one).
  • I did end up making my dress, but kept it fairly simple (do you see a theme developing here?). As a matter of fact, it is so charmingly simple that I will be wearing flip-flops with it! It only took about 4 hours to make and almost took longer to pick out the fabric than to actually sew it.
  • Brian found some beautiful wooden wedding rings online, that totally fit my hippy lifestyle. However, I would have had to take it off every time I showered, did dishes, went swimming, etc. So instead we found some awesome, similar-but-not-quite-matching Tungsten rings online at a great price. Always the super-saver!
  • I found some yummy wedding favors at the Savannah Bee Company (and I secretly hope that people forget their favors on the table so I can keep them!).
  • My wonderful friend David will be taking pictures for us, so stay tuned for his photos. Thanks David!

There may be a surprise or two lurking in the background, so be sure to check back next week for the full details! In the meantime, it's business as usual at work until family and friends start to arrive on Friday.

No comments: