Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Travel Bits and a Raging Storm

This will be a very, very quick post. Very.

I've been doing a small bit of traveling for work lately: went to Detroit twice in the last two months (which is twice more than I ever planned on going to Detroit). The training was great, veggie meatloaf was excellent, and I now have no reason to ever go to Detroit again (except maybe to have more veggie meatloaf).

Tonight I'm driving up to Atlanta for two more days of training. I've pretty excited about this training because it's on a topic that I can benefit from immediately: home buyer education. I teach and coordinate monthly First Time Home Buyer Education workshops, so I'll feel better having actually been trained to do so. Plus, as a bonus, I'll be spending the weekend in Habersham visiting friends! After this, not much in the way of traveling for the foreseeable future.

As to the "Raging Storm" bit in the title: we had a raging thunderstorm Monday night. Seriously raging. Like, summoned by King Leer raging. Trees were struck down, power was lost, streets were flooded, flotsam littered the parks. And I missed it all because I was teaching a credit class at South University. When the power went out, the backup lights kicked on and I just kept right on teaching. About 45 minutes later the president of the school came in and told us the rest of the school was in the dark and to go home. When the rain and winds cleared, there was a beautiful double rainbow that had me smiling all the way home.

No comments: