Sunday, June 20, 2010

Help! I've fallen in love with making wallets!

Being a Gemini, I know that I have a tendency to go to extremes: I don't just tidy the house, I wage all out war on dirt and disorder; I don't just plant a few pretty flowers, I spend whole weekends conquering entire tracts of land; I don't just tell my boyfriend I miss him, I send him baked good every week for a year (granted not all my extremes are negative things).

When I found that great pattern for super-cute wallets, and had a blast whipping up a few last weekend, I should have known there would be trouble. Because, of course, I didn't stop at just a few. Oh no.

I made more this weekend.
Then I had to whip up a new purse to carry my fun new wallet...

But, alas, since I fell pray to the "oh this is a really simple bag so I don't need to use a pattern and let's just estimate sizes instead of actually measuring" mentality, the new wallet doesn't even fit in the new purse.

Guess I'll just scrap the purse idea for a while and stick to the addictive wallets...

P.S. Crock pot granola is perfectly lovely, as long as you remember to stir it every 45 minutes or so. Without adequate stirring, you could end up with Cajun Granola (i.e. blackened nuts and charred oats). Bon Appetite!

No comments: