Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something to smile about

Just a very brief note to share some exceedingly good news. After working really hard last year to get myself in a better financial position (which proved to be very helpful in dealing with the job loss and relocation efforts) I can finally make the following annoucement:

I am DEBT-FREE!!!

That's right, I have no outstanding debt. I do not owe any money on credit cards. My student loans were paid off last Fall. But, most importantly, I just paid off my car! My only expenses are my current living expenses, and I'm pretty cheap when it comes to those.

What better turning-30 birthday gift could I give myself than to enter this next phase of my life without the crushing weight of debt hanging over me? Not only am I debt-free, but I also have money in savings and am stashing money away for a trip to Spain in 2010 with my sister. Let me tell you, it feels really, really good. Try it, I bet you'll like it.

1 comment:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

Well, we won't be able to say the same for awhile thanks to graduate school and the adoption, but I keep telling myself, "At least you're not underwater half a million on a house." Congratulations!