Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure

In light of all the other changes in my life, I decided now was a great time to make good on a promise to myself: to take part in more 5K races.

So I signed up for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It will be held on Saturday, April 18 in Savannah (if anyone wants to come cheer me on). If you want to make a donation, feel free but not obligated: http://www.active.com/donate/komencoastalgeorgia/STyler14

I do personally know a few women who have fought breast cancer, and I believe in the importance of research and support for this cause. I have also had two little scares where I had to get breast ultrasounds for suspicious lumps, so I feel really motivated to join this race.

I haven't been exercising as regularly as I had in the past, and this is as good a reason as any to get back into it. The route goes through historic downtown and unlike Mystic, CT is virtually flat! For now, I'm easing myself back into shape by walking/jogging around beautiful Forsyth Park (pictures coming soon, I promise!).

Also, keep an eye out for upcoming St. Patrick's Day postings! Joy is coming down for the weekend and parade, so it promises to be fun.

No comments: