Sunday, April 11, 2010

Care Packages 21 and 22: Trail Mix and Making a Scene

The last few weekends have been even busier than normal, so I had to take it kinda easy on the care packages. Two weeks ago I didn't have any time to bake at all, so I sent yet another batch of Trail Mix. The granola that forms the base of the trail mix is so incredibly good that I have been known to just stand over the sink and shovel it into my mouth straight from the container. I hope that doesn't ruin any one's opinion of me...


Last week I got a bit more creative. I had found some fun movie-themed goodies and a couple of campy DVDs, so I made a Movie Date package!

This box included: Twizzlers, Sno-Caps, fun-size Twix/Snickers/M&Ms, gummi worms, chocolate covered nuts and Reese's Peanut Butter cups, movie snack box and napkins, two old-school John Wayne movies, two super-silly Sci-Fi flicks and two early Hitchcock films.

I know it's not in the least bit healthy, but it sure was fun to put together! I wish someone had sent me something like this in college so I could have had friends over for a fun movie night.

No comments: