Monday, September 27, 2010

Care Package #41: M&M Cookies

Knowing that the care packaging is winding down, I decided to make something super yummy and only passingly healthy. I used my trusty Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but substituted M&Ms for chocolate chips (mainly because they would survive the heat better and because I didn't have any chocolate chips in the house).

Basic Cookie Recipe
1.3 C butter, softened
.75 C white sugar
.75 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 C wheat flour
2 - 2.5 C white flour
2 C M&Ms

In a large bowl, blend together the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Slowly stir in the flours until well blended. Add M&Ms and, if you have the time, refrigerate for at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 350 and drop teaspoon size balls of dough onto a low-rimmed cookie sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes and allow to cool before storing in an air tight container.

Ok, fine, it wasn't really healthy at all. But I did cut back on the amount of sugar, cut out the margarine completely and add whole wheat flour, so there were some minor improvements. I had intended to take a picture of the leftovers that I brought to work. However, they were eaten too quickly!

No comments: