Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fool, Crafting Fool

What a wonderfully productive weekend! I finally got some of my crafting projects crossed off the list. Here's a quick summary: Just before the wedding Brian had asked me if I would be able to whip up a shoe bag for his Class A dress shoes. He was looking for something that would not scuff or scratch the shoes, but allow him to easily transport them. Flannel seemed like the natural choice. So I opened up my sketch book, took some measurements, and in just about an hour I created this fun bag! It is fully lined with a divider to keep the shoes from rubbing against each other. The drawstring makes for quick and easy opening and closing, and I even made a little buffing mitt to match. And something that has been on my list since, oh, about October... Brian had a few patches that needed to be added to his motorcycle club vest. I wasn't sure my little Brother sewing machine could handle both the leather and the thick patches. But once I switched to a denim needle it worked like a champ! There was only one patch that I wasn't able to sew on the front pocket (but it wasn't for lack of trying! My sewing machine arm just didn't fit inside the pocket). Now don't go thinking that just because I'm an old, married lady now that I only do crafting things for my husband. This weekend I also made three beautiful felted scarves! They are warm and thick and oh so pretty! Though I'm not so sure I'll be needing these in El Paso...




No comments: