Sunday, April 17, 2011

Several great finishes

I finally did it! I finally ran an entire 5K! Okay, so really I jogged it. But still, I didn't stop to walk at all. And I finished in 36:23, which is pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned. It's a little slower than the first Komen 5K (which I did in 36:08), but better than any other race I've done. Now that I know I can jog the whole way, maybe I'll start working on improving my times. But for the moment I'm just going to let my achy knees recover a bit... Thanks to Robyn for convincing me to do it, sticking with me most of the way, and joining me and Dad for a delicious breakfast at J. Christopher's afterwards. What a great morning all around!

On a different note, several years ago I bought a cute little sling-style purse from The Other Tiger in Westerly. I bought it because it was a fair trade product, but also because I thought "What a cute style! I bet I could make this." Then low and behold, I did make it! Katelyn had asked for a purse like it after the wedding, and I finally found the time to make a pattern and try it out. I really, really like the final product!


And for Katelyn's I even experimented with putting her name on a ribbon on the inside pocket. Pretty cute, eh?

Lastly, another example of seeing something and thinking "Hey, I could make that cheaper." Introducing the Doggie Car Hammock a la Skye! I've had this upholstery fabric since I worked at JoAnn's (which, if you were wondering, was almost 10 years ago) and I finally came up with the exact, perfect thing to do with it. There are straps to drape it from the front headrest, elastic straps to secure it to the front and back seats, Velcro to keep the edges secure to the floorboards, and a few ribbon ties to keep it from billowing in the breeze. It is amazing at keeping the dog hair and paw dirt contained.

Love. It.


No comments: