Sunday, May 2, 2010

Savannah Scavenger Hunt!

So, I have had this great craft project idea in mind for months: take pictures of things around Savannah in the shape of letters, then use those pictures to spell things out. For example, this dragonfly door knocker would make a great capital letter T.
The only problem is I have never found the time to take enough pictures to make this project happen! In a rare moment of genius, I figured out an excellent solution: have my very fun and creative friends do the bulk of the work for me!
Today was a gloriously beautiful Savannah Sunday, and 8 of my awesome friends showed up for a light brunch and a Savannah scavenger hunt. Armed with cold water (did I mention that it was nearing 90 degrees today?) and digital cameras, they had an hour to try to find as many letter-shaped plants, buildings, fences, etc. I'll still need to do some editing and PhotoShopping to cobble the projects together, but here are a few of their finds:



See, it's never too early for a crafter to start thinking about Christmas presents!

No comments: