Saturday, August 7, 2010

Care Package #33: Berry Tropical Fruity Bars

I decided to try another variation on the totally awesome Oasis Fruit Bar recipe. This snack is so good that I have to wrap it up as soon as it cools so that I don't keep nibbling and end up eating the whole thing!

Batter Mixture:
1/2 C brown sugar
3 TBS butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix all ingredients together well with a hand mixer.

In a separate bowl, add a total of 3 C dried fruit and 2.5 C chopped nuts with 1 TBS whole wheat flour (the flour keeps the fruits from sticking together). For this batch, I went with a tropical-berry flavor: mango, pineapple, papaya, cranberry, blueberry and fig. For nuts I used slivered almonds and chopped walnuts.

Mix the batter with the fruits and nuts, press into a 9" x 13" pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 325 for 35 minutes. Allow to cool, cut into bars and wrap for shipping.

No comments: