Sunday, August 22, 2010

Warning: Politcally Charged Issue Below

I have to admit, I have not closely followed this hub-bub about the "Mosque" at Ground Zero. I've heard snippets about it on the radio and read blurbs in the newspaper. But I just don't see what the big deal is. I can't make the jump from a few extremist using planes as weapons of mass destruction to all Muslims being the monsters under our country's bed. Olbermann put it way better than I could, but even before I saw this clip, I thought to myself "In trying to block this cultural center, aren't we becoming exactly the enemy that we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan?"

(Oh, and in case Dad is reading this, you know I don't have TV, so I'm not even sure who this Olbermann guy is: Right or Left, Republican or Democrat I have no idea. I don't pick teams, I pick logic, and his argument makes sense to me)

P.S. Thanks to Alana for bringing this clip.

No comments: