Sunday, September 7, 2008

At last, the long awaited Vacation Summary!

This must be some kind of record for me! I have downloaded my camera within a month of taking some of the photos. Seriously, not having my own computer makes it kinda tricky to keep up on the blogging as well as the digi-pics. But I manage by mooching time on other people's computers (namely Ian and the library!).

As previously mentioned, Ian and I took a relaxing little road trip up north: Potsdam/Canton, NY and Montreal. Someone (I won't say who) forgot to bring her camera when we climbed Mt. Arab in the Adirondacks and explored a waterfall with Kimberly and Matthew. The views were stunning and the hiking was physically invigorating and mentally relaxing. Mr. Arab is supposed named such because the rock profile is shaped in a twisted spiral, similar to a turban. I guess Mt. Dairy Queen didn't have the same magestic ring to it...

Montreal was a real treat! Literally, there was this GREAT ice cream shop just down the street from Alana and Xander! It was housed in a building shaped like a castle but painted pastel blue, pink and yellow and they had the best soft serve ice cream I've had since I was a kid! No lie. I actually had TWO cones our last night there.

Alana was a champion tourguide. Even though she was feeling a bit under the weather, she did a wonderful job of showing us around.
Alana and Ian in the Old Town.

Creepy gnomes in a window display...

A picnic on Mont Royal: Lovely!

Ian was happy to visit several game shops while Alana and I found one really great yarn shop (and one very stuffy, uppity one). I have some other pics from the trip, but I've been fighting with the blogging software and it seems to be winning. So perhaps I will post more later. I do have some pics of a few recent craft projects as well that will be forthcoming.

A 5K training update: I shaved another 45 seconds off my three-mile time! I'm now down to 39 minutes exactly! I have no delusions of jogging the entire 5K next month, but I am excited to be making progress. It feels great to be challenging myself physically and working towards a goal. And who knows, maybe by this time next year I will be ready to jog the whole way!

1 comment:

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

It was GREAT having you here! Sorry I was so sniffly and scattered, but I'm glad to know that if nothing else, the ice cream was worth it!