Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lake Compounce and RI Beaches

On Sunday, September 14 I took Karen, Rea and Ian to Lake Compounce for the day. The weather was a bit overcast, but it was the perfect day to go: there was hardly anyone there! Seriously, I think the longest we waited in line was for one of the kiddie rides that Rea wanted to go on, and we only waited because the ride had just started when we got in line.


Karen was happy to have Ian along because he would go on the roller coasters and other scary rides with her (Rea and I just watched). The water park was also a load of fun and, again, no lines!


Karen and Ian on Downtime, commonly known as a free fall. Watch your ankles...



Rea and Ian had a blast, or should I say a "splash," playing in the water park!



We stumbled upon what appeared to be the graveyard for test dummies...

The following weekend, Ian and I were supposed to go kayaking on Sunday. However, I was exhausted and sore from kickboxing and helping Karen empty out her storage room. Instead we drove up Route 1 into Rhode Island and did a little sightseeing. It was a beautiful day to be out and about and strolling around. We stopped for lunch in Wakefield at Surfin' Tacos and browsed in Myopic Books (it was very hard for me not to buy "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" but I will soon enough). We also spent some time beach combing and grabbed a bunch of clam shells for an upcoming gift project...

No comments: