Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crafting!

I think I may have finally figured out that the best way to post pictures and text is to just upload the pictures first and then write around them... Let's give it a try and see how it works! Still trying to decide if I like the text before or after the pictures, so bear with me while I experiment.

Here are some pics from the felted wool clogs I've been making. I picked up the pattern last December and took a class this spring (more for the social interaction than the lessons). In order to felt, you have to make the knitted piece larger than what you want the finished clog to be. Hence the comparison below to my shoe!
Here is a pic of the finished clog slipper! This one ended up being a little bit big for my foot, but the blue cuffed one was way to small for me to model. They are super warm and comfy and I can't wait to wear them when the weather turns cool (which it is starting to do already!). And yes, I took this photo in the middle of summer and my legs really are that pale.



Ian was a bit reluctant to go blueberry picking with me, but he got over his bad attitude and ended up loving the time in the orchard. Similarly, he was hesitant to help me make blueberry jam. But being a good sport he ventured into the fray and now proudly proclaims that he helped make the jam! It's never to early to start Christmas crafting!



After returning from Montreal I still had a few days off before going back to work. Julie and I took advantage of a BEAUTIFUL Sunday to return to Cliff Walk in Newport, RI. It really was a lovely day to be out walking by the water. It wasn't as hot as our last trip there, which made the walk that much more enjoyable. Whether it's hiking, strolling through the park, or watching PBS Jane Austen movies, Julie and I always have a great time together! One of the mansions had these great camel shaped plantings on their lawn. I wonder how much water they need...


My co-worker, Kim, is going to be a grandmother soon and she hired me to make a baby quilt. I decided to do a bow-tie and snowball pattern, thinking I was being very original. However, when I put a copy of this picture into my quilt journal, I realized I had done exactly the same pattern about 3 years ago! It's hard to tell from the picture above, but the printed fabric is actually little buttons. I toyed with calling the quilt "Cute as a Button" or "Buttons and Bows."

Stay tuned for some pictures of my porch garden coming soon!

No comments: