Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sewing and growing

As promised, here are a few photos of my summer harvests! The purses and prints will be up for sale on an Etsy site soon (watch for coming details). The garden has produced many peppers for salsa (which promises to be very hot this year!) as well as lots of tabouli and pesto!

The cherry blossom print was so cute I bought it before I knew what it would become!

These prints were made in 2007 when I took a printmaking class with Mara Beckwith.


I absolutely LOVED how the celtic cats turned out!

Nasturtiums are one of my favorite annuals (and they are yummy, too)!

Sweet and hot peppers, basil, parsley, tomatoes and cilantro (yuck) have been calling my porch home all summer.

1 comment:

Mickey Freedomfighter said...

Hey, I just bought those beautiful prints from Alana's site. I've always loved your artistry. I figure if I don't have talent, I must at least love and collect the talents of those around me. I'm giving the cat one to my father-in-law whom you know as good ol Mr. Worthing. He will be even more thrilled to know they are your creation. Hope all is well with you.