Monday, July 12, 2010

...and may all their wishes come true.

My very dear friends, Alana and Xander, have recently adopted two of the most precious little ones that I have ever seen (and will soon get to meet!).

Earlier in the adoption process, Alana had talked about wanting to make a "Wish Quilt" for their kids. I was immediately taken with the idea: friends, family, etc all submit a wish or favorite quote which is then compiled into a quilt. The thought of all those loving wishes swaddling their babies just gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

When Alana decided that she just wasn't up to coordinating and making the Wish Quilts, I knew I couldn't let this great idea slip away. I reached out to any friends/family of theirs that I knew or could track down and asked them to secretly pass along their wishes to me. I know this was many months ago, but it takes a while to weave together all those lovely thoughts!

Below are the finished quilts, along with close-up shots of all the wonderful wishes that were sent to Henry and Yona. I would like to thank everyone that contributed to this project, and especially to Alana and Xander for letting me be a small part of the huge process of starting their family!











No comments: