Sunday, July 25, 2010

Care Package #31: Birthday!

Today is Brian's birthday! I sent his birthday package early just to make sure it got to him on time (not being a better fan of the "better late than never" mentality). Since I knew Brian would be getting this package after his PT test, I decided that a not-so-healthy goody was in order. So, as requested, I sent a batch of brownies that had Brian's name all over it (the M&M's were easier to read before the batter was baked, but it still has his name on it).

Months ago, back before Brian ever left for Iraq, we were talking about things we liked as kids. He mentioned enjoying the old Popeye cartoons and the Popeye movie starring Robin Williams. I didn't even know there was a Popeye movie, but I started looking for it last year. My hope was to find a used copy on eBay or Amazon or something, so you could imagine my surprise when I found it for $5 at Target! I also found a great set of really old cartoons on DVD for a $1 at Michael's craft store. I wanted to add something else fun to tie in with the Popeye theme, but thought it would just be mean to send a can of spinach. So I bought two cans of fruit cocktail with pop-top lids and made my own Popeye-themed spinach labels for them.

No comments: