Thursday, July 1, 2010

When "being in the red" is a good thing...

I have a great friend that's I've known since middle school, Kimberly. A few years ago I ran into Kimberly's mother when I moved back to CT. We were both shopping in Old Navy and kinda recognized each other, but it took a few passes before we stopped and did the "Are you Kimberly's mom?" thing. She said she thought she hardly recognized me because I wasn't wearing all black (did I mention that high school was a dark phase for me?). Since college and after graduation I have made a concerted effort to expand my wardrobe beyond the monochromatic spectrum.

Now that I'm on a clothes-sewing kick, I decided that I should make a colorful infinity dress. And really, what has more zip than red? I've been told it's a good color on me, so what the heck!


Target had some great, lightweight tanks on sale for a whopping $5, so I picked a few up. Of course, old habits die hard and I had to force myself to but the black one back on the shelf. But I did succeed in picking up this cheery red one. I don't usually take and post pictures of boring, store bought clothes. But I have to admit, this picture wasn't really for the tank. It was for the fact that I actually have a waistline again! Pilates, cardio, and weights, oh my!



No comments: