Sunday, July 25, 2010

Knitting, knitting, knitting

After making the cute Cable Cap, I decided to try a few of the other patterns in my "Hats Gloves Scarves" book.

I was a little wary of this ribbed hat. Would I like making a whole hat in ribbing? Would I be able to focus on the rib pattern and not get frustrated? Would I even like the end product? Ends up the answer to all those questions is "Yes!"


The next hat I tried was a simple cap with small stripes. I love this pattern because it's letting me use up some of my stash of yarn scraps and it has such a nice, rich tone to it.
In fact, I like the striped pattern so much that I just started another one in greens!

For something a little different, check out my recent backyard visitor! It reminded me of the worm at the beginning of Labyrinth, without the charming accent.

No comments: