Sunday, July 18, 2010

So much for relaxing summers...

You may be thinking to yourself "Hmmm, Skye has been quite the slacker at blogging lately. She must be just lazing around on the beach enjoying that sweet Savannah summer."

Oh, how wrong you would be! Here is a quick summary of the last few weeks (not necessarily in chronological order).

Last weekend was the annual Thrivent St. Mary's to Fernandina cruise.

Joy and I rode along on Kevin's motorboat since the sailboat was out of commission this year.


We got to see the ponies on Cumberland Island and Fort Clinch, both from a distance. Lunch was fun, but being in the direct sun for 2 hours was a bit much for me and I rode home with Dad in the car.

When I got to Dad's that Friday after work, I had just enough time to get in a quick workout on his treadmill. I forgot how much I enjoy jogging when it's not on hard pavement or 98degrees outside. When I came home I decided that I would start trolling CraigsList and FreeCycle to see if I could eventually get lucky. And lucky I was! I managed to score this sweet tready for a bargain.

I had to make an exception to my July spending-freeze (once a quarter I implement a spending -freeze and don't buy anything except gas and groceries), but I didn't know when another deal like this would come along and it seemed like adding cardio was the next rational step in my exercise program.

On the crafting front, I have continued experimenting with the little zippered pouches. I think I might be on to something with the striped pouch below...


In addition to the zipper and exterior pocket like the others, I have added a flap that has a few card slots. It still needs some fine-tuning, but I really like it!

Jessie has a great book of cute, quick patchwork projects, where I found the pattern for this adorable little bird ornament. It looks very different in the book, where they used floral and patterned fabric. But with the solid colors, it just feels like it's lacking something. Eyes? Wings? I'm not sure yet...



In the knitting world, I FINALLY finished the lacework shrug that I started last May! Because I improvised the pattern, it ended up not being exactly the right size to make the type of shrug I intended. But in true crafter form, I winged it again and am really happy with how it came out. Of course, it's a bit too warm to wear anything wool right now, but come Fall this will be perfect.


To celebrate the completion of a ridiculously long knitting project, I decided to whip up a really quick one! This charming little cabled cap came out much smaller than I expected, but looks to be just the right size for some folks!


Yesterday was my 8-hour home buyer class, which really means a 10+ hour work day on a Saturday. Blah. If you think that means that I took today off completely, you would be wrong again! This was my to-do list for today:


I also made my lunches for the week and finally updated my blog (as you have just witnessed). The yogurt will go in the oven tonight and since I'll be taking a comp day tomorrow, hopefully I will get to those last three items!

No comments: